The objective of this course is to provide students with a theoretical and empirical basis for valuating agricultural marketing organization and actors for market performance and public policy decision, and to enable them develop and use the tools of economic theory to analyse issues related to the marketing of agricultural commodities. In addition, case study reports and video footage that demonstrate coffee marketing in Ethiopia are included.
After completing this course, the students should:
- Apply economic theory to problems of agricultural marketing;
- Design strategies for effective market performance;
- Use marketing concepts for analyzing market structure and performance in agriculture and formulate effective agricultural marketing policy;
- Apply theoretical models of imperfect market structures to inform public policy;
- Appreciate organizational forms unique to agricultural industries; and
- Understand price discovery mechanisms under different market structures.
|License Condition: Creative Commons: Attribution-Non Commercial Share Alike 3.0|