This module aims at empowering school managers and teachers to develop and implement appropriate mentoring programmes. This module covers:
The learning guide of this module addresses three key questions as follows:
- What is mentoring?
- What are the personal and professional qualities of effective mentors?
- How can we managing the establishment, monitoring and evaluation of a school mentoring programme?
The following are the learning outcomes of the module:
- Demonstrate knowledge of mentorship
- Demonstrate understanding of the significance of mentoring programmes in South Africa in general and schools in particular
- Demonstrate the skills and personal qualities for successful mentoring
- Manage the establishment , monitoring and evaluation of a mentoring and coaching programme
- Understand and be able to apply relevant content knowledge in mentoring
- Understand the role of a school mentoring programme as part of the school’s overall development plan.
|License Condition: Creative Commons: Attribution-Non Commercial Share Alike 2.5|