- Partnered with University of the Free State (UFS)
- Successfully hosted an OER Africa Convening
- Drafted OER Policies at ANU, OUT and OP
- Digital Fluency Course for Academics developed and piloted
- Reached out to 500+ people through workshops and conferences
- Initiated the Participatory Action Research (PAR) Agenda
- Identified our partners: Africa Nazarene University – ANU (Kenya); Open University of Tanzania – OUT (Tanzania); UNISA (South Africa); University of Pretoria, Onderstepoort – UP (South Africa)
- Developed updated Communications Strategy
- Engaged with Institutions and faculties that created and institutionalized the policy, financial, and support conditions necessary for effective development and deployment of OER to support high quality education programs
- Developed an OER Policy Review and Development Toolkit
- Developed an OER Copyright and Licensing Toolkit
- Provided strategic and administrative support to Health OER; ACDE; RUFORUM; African Teacher Education Network; African Storybook among others.
- Developed an online Introductory Guide to the concept of OER and a 10-page guide on OER in African Higher Education www.oerafrica.org/policy; www.oerafrica.org/copyright
- Developed an OER Africa promotional video
- Selected and hosted the first OER Africa’s Advisory Committee meeting which assisted OER Africa with long-term strategy development; provided strategic advice on how to confer legitimacy upon OER Africa; and proffer business acumen with regard to higher education business models, etc.
- Identified potential OER Africa partners e.g. African Council for Distance Education (ACDE), National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Open University of Tanzania (OUT), Commonwealth of Learning (COL), The East African Consortium, Health Education and Training Programme (HEAT), Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), International Association for Digital Publications (IADP), Teacher Education in Sub-Saharan Education (TESSA)
- Co-developed a Basic Guide to Open Educational Resources.
- Developed six case studies
- Developed a final Work Plan for the Implementation Phase of OER Africa
- Conducted research on Revisiting the Challenges for Higher Education in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Role of the Open Educational Resources (OER) Movement
- Relaunched and implemented the OER Africa Website